Recipe by nifty
This is a recipe that my mother used to make for us for lunch. It has a flavor that goes well by itself, and if you've looked at the calorie labels on syrup lately, you can do a bit of cutting on sugar and calories. It also has no added sugar in the egg mix. You may want to experiment with spices in the egg batter, according to your taste.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 slices bread (or as many as you can dip)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs lightly.
- Stir in milk. Slowly add salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper, and then cilantro.
- Spray pan with cooking spray, dip bread in batter, and fry until brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with lots of black pepper sprinkled on top! Don't put syrup on!