Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is a recipe that I love to make. I got it from Splenda and use the dough for my strawberry pizza dessert. It's a great recipe for those counting calories. I love Splenda.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light butter
- 1 cup no calorie Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white vinegar or 3⁄4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly oil a cookie sheet; set aside.
- Blend together butters, Splenda granular and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, or by hand.
- Blend until butter is softened. Add egg substitute, water and vinegar. Mix briefly. Add flours, salt and baking powder. Mix on low speed, until dough is formed. Do not overmix.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a floured work surface. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a circle and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate approximately 1 hour, allowing dough to chill.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out on a floured work surface to desired thickness, approximately 1/4-inch. Cut with cookie cutters. Place cookies on prepared sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven 10- 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the back. Cool on a wire rack.