Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
When you accidentally come home with 17 pounds of strawberries from a morning at the pick your own berry patch, you have to do something. And you have to do it fast! I started to can the strawberry jam, but quickly saw that if I continued on the canning path to use up all the strawberries that I'd be up all night. While I did can many jars of strawberry jam, I needed a "quicker" alternative to help us get through all the strawberries. This No Sugar Freezer Jam was the answer!
- 3 lbs strawberries, hulled and stems removed
- 1 3⁄4 cups apple juice
- 1.5 (3 ounce) packagesno sugar pectin (I find that using 1 1/2 packages really gets the jam to set perfectly!) or 1.5 (3 ounce) packageslow sugar pectin (I find that using 1 1/2 packages really gets the jam to set perfectly!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the strawberries in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring the apple juice and pectin to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Pour straight into the mashed strawberries and stir hard for 1 minute.
- Ladle into the freezer containers and place in the refrigerator overnight to let it cool slowly and set.
- Then store in the freezer.
- Good in the freezer for up to 1 year, in the fridge for 3 weeks.