Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another one off the web in response to discussion forum topic
- 3 eggs
- 5 teaspoons sugar substitute (i.e. "Equal for recipes")
- 1 cup syrup (Smuckers Sugar Free)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan halves
- pastry for 9" pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix eggs and sugar.
- Stir in the breakfast syrup and melted butter.
- Stir in the pecan halves.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with the pie dough.
- Pour in the pecan pie filling mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes with edges covered with foil.
- Remove foil from the edges and bake for another 25 minutes (you can insert a knife and have it come out clean).
- Cool on a wire rack.
We liked the no sugar pecan pie a lot. Since our diet is low carbohydrate, we did not use a crust and it still turned out well. We'll make it again. Soon!
My husband is border line diabetic and really enjoyed this. Before becoming borderline diabetic pecan pie was his very favorite so I was happy to surprise him with this to see how he liked it. He ate 2 pieces the first day!
My father who loves pecan pie, but is also diabetic, liked this pie very much. It is more of a custard pie than the traditional corn syrup based pie. It was not sickenly sweet, yet you can't tell it's sugar free. It's defintely a keeper!