Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
No need to give up flavor when watching added sugars. These can be made with no sugar or sugar substitutes, such as Splenda.
- BRING boiling-water canner, half full with water, to a simmer.
- Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water.
- Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat.
- Let stand in hot water until ready to use.
- Drain jars well before filling.
- STEM and crush strawberries; place exactly 1 cup of the crushed strawberries in 6 or 8 quart saucepot.
- Repeat with raspberries and blueberries.
- Stir in water.
- Gradually add pectin, stirring until well blended.
- BRING mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in SPLENDA® Granular.
- Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- LADLE immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops.
- Wipe jar rims and threads.
- Cover with 2 piece lids.
- Screw bands tightly.
- Place jars on elevated rack in canner.
- Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.).
- Cover; bring water to gentle boil.
- PROCESS 10 minutes.
- Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely.
- After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.).
- ADDED INFO 3/10/07.
- Great Substitute:
- Prepare as directed, substituting 1 thawed can (12 oz.) frozen white grape juice or apple juice concentrate for the 3/4 cup water.
- Makes about 4 (1-cup) jars or 64 servings, 1 tablespoons each.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving with White Grape Juice:
- 20 calories,
- 4g carbohydrate,
- 4g sugars.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving with Apple Juice:
- 15 calories,
- 3g carbohydrate,
- 3g sugars.
- Inversion Method:
- To use inversion instead of boiling water bath method, turn jars upside-down after bands have been screwed tightly.
- After 5 minutes, turn upright.
- Avoid improper lid seal by filling jars immediately with hot fruit mixture.
I just made this recently. It was a very big hit with my picky daughter. We eat it on pancakes & on toast with cream cheese. Yummy!!! This was super easy to make. So for those of you who want to give canning preserves a try, this is a great recipe.