Nana Lee's Note:
No need to give up flavor when watching added sugars. These can be made with no sugar or sugar substitutes, such as Splenda.
My Private Note
1-cup j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1BRING boiling-water canner, half full with water, to a simmer.
- 2Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water.
- 3Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat.
- 4Let stand in hot water until ready to use.
- 5Drain jars well before filling.
- 6STEM and crush strawberries; place exactly 1 cup of the crushed strawberries in 6 or 8 quart saucepot.
- 7Repeat with raspberries and blueberries.
- 8Stir in water.
- 9Gradually add pectin, stirring until well blended.
- 10BRING mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly.
- 11Boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 12Remove from heat.
- 13Stir in SPLENDA® Granular.
- 14Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- 15LADLE immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops.
- 16Wipe jar rims and threads.
- 17Cover with 2 piece lids.
- 18Screw bands tightly.
- 19Place jars on elevated rack in canner.
- 20Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.).
- 21Cover; bring water to gentle boil.
- 22PROCESS 10 minutes.
- 23Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely.
- 24After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.).
- 25ADDED INFO 3/10/07.
- 26Great Substitute:
- 27Prepare as directed, substituting 1 thawed can (12 oz.) frozen white grape juice or apple juice concentrate for the 3/4 cup water.
- 28Makes about 4 (1-cup) jars or 64 servings, 1 tablespoons each.
- 29Nutrition Information Per Serving with White Grape Juice:
- 3020 calories,
- 314g carbohydrate,
- 324g sugars.
- 33Nutrition Information Per Serving with Apple Juice:
- 3415 calories,
- 353g carbohydrate,
- 363g sugars.
- 37Inversion Method:
- 38To use inversion instead of boiling water bath method, turn jars upside-down after bands have been screwed tightly.
- 39After 5 minutes, turn upright.
- 40Avoid improper lid seal by filling jars immediately with hot fruit mixture.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Sugar-Needed Triple Berry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: