12 hrs 20 mins
princess buttercup's Note:
Plain vanilla yogurt-lite. A great base for your favorite smoothie or with fruit or cereal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set 1/2 yogurt starter out to warm to room temperature.
- 2(I usually buy a large container of plain active culture plain whole milk yogurt-no gelatin and freeze in baby food jars for starters).
- 3Heat the milk to almost a boil.
- 4(I like to microwave in a glass bowl for 5 minutes on high then 2 minutes on medium) Cool the milk (to a"barely warm"/ babies bath temperature cool water bath works well).
- 5Add Dry Milk, Vanilla and Sweetener of your choice.
- 6Stir well.
- 7Stir in yogurt starter (do not whip but mix very well!).
- 8"cook"the yogurt using your prefered method and time (longer makes a firmer, more tart yogurt. I like to cook about 12 hours) Chill 4 hours before eating.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Sugar Lite Vanilla Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 119.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: