Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Absolutely wonderful cookies!!! Moist and chewy.
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid sweetener
- In large saucepan, mix dates, apple, raisins and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir into date mixture.
- Mix well.
- Mix eggs and sweetener; add to batter.
- Drop by tablespoons on nonstick sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.
My Mom has been making these cookies for several years now. I had lost her recipe and it wasn't until I started making these that I realized that this is it! Thanks Inez. I won't lose it again. These taste great.
Tried this for my father-in-law for his Christmas gift. Absolutely moist and delicious. Thanks for submitting this recipe.
The texture is more muffin-like than that of a cookie, but, nevertheless, great tasting and so healthy too!!! I was just shy 1 cup of dates so I threw in a few dried apricots, used golden raisins, and didn't bother peeling the apple (which I grated). After reading other reviews, I used whole wheat flour. I subbed strong coffee for the water, replaced the cinnamon with a generous tsp of 4-spice, and used blackstrap molasses for the sweetener. Scooped into mini muffin pans, so I had to bake them for 15 minutes, and they turned out wonderful! Thanks MizzNezz :)