Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gives a rich full American barbecue flavor. Rub it on whole or chicken pieces, pork, beef or fish. Low cost to make and stores well without refrigeration. We sometimes sprinkle on salads for a sparkling flavor.
- 1 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl
- Whisk to combine.
- Rub generously on meat.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Came home to a boneless pork chop. While the grill was heating-up, I searched for a sugar-free rub. I found this one, and had all the ingredients on hand. It took no time to mix up, sprinkle on the pork, and throw on the grill. It was VERY GOOD!!! Thanks!