1 hr 15 mins
I have not made this (from Bernardin), but thought those who try to eat sugar-free would appreciate the recipe. It's also has a very thorough explanation of canning steps, as well.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill boiling water canner with water; place 5 clean 1-cup mason jars in canner; boil 10 minutes to sterilize; in another saucepan, boil Snap Lids 5 minutes to soften sealing compound.
- 2Combine apricots, 1-1/2 cups water and 1 cup of the orange juice in a saucepan; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and boil gently 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3Transfer apricot mixture to a food processor or blender; puree and place in a glass measuring cup and add water to this puree to measure 4 1/2 cups total.
- 4Place in a large deep stainless steel saucepan with lemon juice and remaining 1 cup of orange juice.
- 5Gradually stir Bernardin No Sugar Needed Fruit Pectin into fruit (do NOT add pectin all at once); stirring constantly, bring to a full rolling boil.
- 6Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Dissolve Equal in 1/2 cup water; add to fruit, stir for a full 2 minutes.
- 9Ladle jam into a hot sterilized jar to within 1/4 inch of top rim (head space).
- 10Using a rubber spatula, remove air bubbles and readjust head space to 1/4 inch.
- 11Wipe jar rim removing any stickiness.
- 12Centre a Snap Lid on jar; apply screw band just until fingertip tight; place jar in canner.
- 13Repeat for remaining jars.
- 14Cover canner; return water to a boil.
- 15Process (boil) 5 minutes.
- 16Remove jars.
- 17Cool, undisturbed, for 24 hours.
- 18Check jar seals (sealed lids curve downward).
- 19If any jars have not sealed properly, store in fridge and eat promptly.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Sugar Apricot Satin
Serving Size: 1 (1114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 70.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g