Recipe by truebrit
Note: This pie can be made without crust to save calories.
Top Review by jdeets
Really good! You won't miss the sugar! I made it with fuji apples, didn't use the sweet'n low, and the pie was sweet enough. The juice/cornstarch mixture makes a sort of caramel sauce that adds a nice sweetness. I will make this again even when it doesn't *need* to be sugar-free.
- 6 ounces apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 4 apples
- 1 double crust pie crust
- Sweet 'n Low (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix first 4 ingredients.
- Cook until thickened.
- Slice apples into uncooked pie crust.
- Pour liquid mixture over apples.
- Apples can be sprinkled with one package of Sweet and Low, if desired.
- Cover with top pie crust.
- Crimp edges and pierce top all over with a fork to release the steam.
- Bake for 45 minutes.