Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Note: This pie can be made without crust to save calories.
- 6 ounces apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 4 apples
- 1 double crust pie crust
- Sweet 'n Low (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix first 4 ingredients.
- Cook until thickened.
- Slice apples into uncooked pie crust.
- Pour liquid mixture over apples.
- Apples can be sprinkled with one package of Sweet and Low, if desired.
- Cover with top pie crust.
- Crimp edges and pierce top all over with a fork to release the steam.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Really good! You won't miss the sugar! I made it with fuji apples, didn't use the sweet'n low, and the pie was sweet enough. The juice/cornstarch mixture makes a sort of caramel sauce that adds a nice sweetness. I will make this again even when it doesn't *need* to be sugar-free.
Thanks for posting a sugar free pie. My recipe has splenda in it. This looks interesting. I cut calories and carbs by rolling a bought pie crust as thin as possible, lay in pie plate. Add the filling. If it needs a top crust I use what I cut off, which is always enough and I have only used 1 pie crust for a 2 crust pie so the calories are halfed. This will be on my need to try list. Thanks.
this was great, i made it with my sister for father's day and he loved it!!! great recipe.