Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy cookies that will go over great for your next Halloween party!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute (NOTE Splenda is sweeter than sugar. If you are afraid of Splenda you will have to increase this meas)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seed butter (I like the crunchy kind, buy in the organic section)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄16 ounce unsweetened baking cocoa (Just enough to sprinkle on top)
- In mixing bowl beat butter & sunflower-butter on med to high for 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup of flower, egg, splenda, baking powder & soda and vanilla.
- Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in remaining flour.
- Cover & chill dough so it is easier to handle. (About 20 minutes)
- Shape into 1 inch balls & place on ungreased cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart from each other.
- flatten by crisscrosing with the tines of a fork.
- Sprinkle the coco over each flattened cookie.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes. (NOTE: splenda does not allow cookies to brown. Test to see if they are done by lightly feeling the middle of a cookie. If it still feels like raw cookie dough they are not done.)
- Cool on a wire rack.
- The great thing about these cookies is that once they cool, they turn a bright mossy green inside! This is great for your spooky Halloween party! (I call them swamp cookies for the party).