1/2 Photos of No Sugar Added Sunflower-Butter Cookies
Yummy cookies that will go over great for your next Halloween party!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute (NOTE Splenda is sweeter than sugar. If you are afraid of Splenda you will have to increase this meas)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (I like the crunchy kind, buy in the organic section)
- 1 egg
- 1/16 ounce unsweetened baking cocoa (Just enough to sprinkle on top)
- 1In mixing bowl beat butter & sunflower-butter on med to high for 30 seconds.
- 2Add 1/2 cup of flower, egg, splenda, baking powder & soda and vanilla.
- 3Beat until thoroughly combined.
- 4Beat in remaining flour.
- 5Cover & chill dough so it is easier to handle. (About 20 minutes)
- 6Shape into 1 inch balls & place on ungreased cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart from each other.
- 7flatten by crisscrosing with the tines of a fork.
- 8Sprinkle the coco over each flattened cookie.
- 9Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes. (NOTE: splenda does not allow cookies to brown. Test to see if they are done by lightly feeling the middle of a cookie. If it still feels like raw cookie dough they are not done.)
- 10Cool on a wire rack.
- 11The great thing about these cookies is that once they cool, they turn a bright mossy green inside! This is great for your spooky Halloween party! (I call them swamp cookies for the party).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Sugar Added Sunflower-Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 47.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sunflower seed butter