1/1 Photo of No Sugar Added Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
A pumpkin muffin with a cream cheese filling. Low in fat and made with no artificial sweeteners.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 6 ounces frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (reserve 1 tbsp. for filling)
- 2 eggs, beaten (or 2 equivalent egg substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Filling (use reserved 1 tablespoon juice concentrate)
- 1Combine flour, spices, soda, powder, and salt.
- 2In a separate bowl bland pumpkin, eggs, and juice concentrate completely.
- 3Add dry ingredients to wet until they are just moistened. Do not over mix.
- 4In a blender or food processor, blend filling ingredients together thoroughly. This is easier if they are allowed to come to room temperature first.
- 5Fill 1/3 of muffin cups or tins with muffin batter. Spoon a layer of filling on top. Finish with another layer of muffin batter so that cups are just about full. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- 6Alternative Preparation: Get a complete fat free muffin by skipping the filling and adding ½ cup of raisins to the mix for a chewy, slightly sweeter muffin.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Sugar Added Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 358.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g