Recipe by maryjanejam
I used my mom's banana bread recipe and made my own changes. She prefers not to bake with sugar, as do I! Being a dietitian, I pride myself in making healthy substitutions. I'm not a big fan of cinnamon in my banana bread, but I'm sure it would taste good with more. I only use farm eggs, so if store bought eggs are used, I suggest using large or extra large eggs. This recipe lends itself to doubling easily.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1⁄2 cup cherry vanilla low sugar yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure to incorporate the baking power thoroughly!
- Cut up peaches into small pieces (they will be 'chunks' in the bread. I prefer small chunks).
- Beat egg in a medium bowl. Add oil, bananas and a quarter of the peaches to the egg. Mix well. Add yogurt.
- Fold wet mixture into dry mixture until all the flour is moist.
- Fold peaches into mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased bread pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees until middle is no longer sticky when poked with a knife.