Prep 9 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is especially good for diabetics. Any flavor of sugar-free jello can be used to make this low-fat, low-sugar cheesecake dessert. 4 hr cook time is chill time.
- 1 (1 ounce) boxjell-o sugar-free gelatin mix (any flavor of your choice)
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fat free cream cheese (may use low fat if desired)
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese (may use low fat if desired)
- 1 cup Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (optional) or 1⁄4 cup graham wafer crumbs (optional)
- Prepare Jell-O with the 2/3 cup boiling water, add no further water.
- Stir until well dissolved.
- Place in refrigerator to set.
- When the jello is set, blend cream cheese and cottage cheese and the set jello in a blender.
- Fold in the thawed Cool Whip Lite.
- Stir gently until well blended.
- Sprinkle crumbs onto bottom of 8 or 9-inch springform pan or 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spoon Jell-O mixture into pan or pie plate. Smooth top with spatula.
- Place in refrigerator for 4 hours to set. When ready to serve, if desired, garnish with extra Cool Whip Lite or decorate slices of cheesecake with fresh fruit.
This was pretty good (easy to make) but still tastes pretty diet-y. I used peach jello.