Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Diabetic Cooking. I haven't made these yet but DH loves cherries so I thought I'd post the recipe here for safe keeping.
- 8 frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons no-sugar-added black cherry fruit spread
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cherry flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly brush each phyllo sheet with melted butter and stack.
- Cut through all the sheets to form 6 (5") squares.
- Combine fruit spread and cherry liqueur (if using) in a bowl.
- Put 1 tablespoon fruit mixture into the center of each stack.
- Brush edges of phyllo with melted butter and fold edges over to form a triangle.
- Press edges together to seal and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Combine egg and water in a separate bowl and brush over turnovers before placing in oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.