This is from Diabetic Cooking. I haven't made these yet but DH loves cherries so I thought I'd post the recipe here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly brush each phyllo sheet with melted butter and stack.
- 3Cut through all the sheets to form 6 (5") squares.
- 4Combine fruit spread and cherry liqueur (if using) in a bowl.
- 5Put 1 tablespoon fruit mixture into the center of each stack.
- 6Brush edges of phyllo with melted butter and fold edges over to form a triangle.
- 7Press edges together to seal and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Combine egg and water in a separate bowl and brush over turnovers before placing in oven.
- 9Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Sugar Added Cherry Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 188.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-sugar-added black cherry fruit spread