48 hrs 15 mins
Easiest trifle ever to make. One of my Mother's failsafe recipes. You could add fruit if you want, or some alcohol for a kick. I use everything store bought to save time, but you could make all the components yourself too. The jelly needs to be made a couple of days ahead of putting it together, and the trifle can be made up to 2 days ahead. Swiss roll is a rolled up sponge with jam in it - we call it a jam roly-poly. Cooking time is fridge time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11-2 days ahead - Make the jellies as per packet instructions.
- 3Night before.
- 5Cut the jelly into 1" cubes.
- 6Cut the swiss roll into 1 cm slices, and each slice into 6 pieces.
- 7Place the cut jelly pices, the cut swiss roll and 3/4 cup of coconut into a large serving bowl and toss gently, like a salad.
- 8Add 3/4 litre custard and mix through gently.
- 9Pour remaining custard over the top and smooth down.
- 10Top with remaining coconut.
- 11Cover and refrigerate overnight if possible (but not essential).
- 12Serve with icecream, cream, fruit or just by itself.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Stress Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 417.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 54.5 g
- Protein 59.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: