Recipe by Baklava
One of my close friends introduced me to this fabulous dip. I added the optional ingredients, but it was first Lilly's recipe. This is also considered by my sister to be one giant heart attack waiting to happen, but well worth it. Serve with tortilla chips and be prepared to take home an empty bowl. Enjoy!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans canned artichoke bottoms in water
- 2 (8 ounce) bricks of softened cream cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped (for garnish) (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced (for garnish) (optional)
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Drain and chop artichoke bottoms.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in oven proof dish. I use a stoneware dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, stir to combine melting ingredients.
- Bake another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop fresh roma tomatoes in a large dice. Set aside.
- Thinly slice green onions. Set aside.
- Check dip to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated and bubbling.
- Garnish with tomatoes and green onions.
- Special note: this can be made in the crockpot as well, and even in the microwave with good results. I do prefer the oven method. What matters most is that it is bubbling hot.