Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a meal that takes about 30 minutes. It's something that tends to be popular with kids, yet something you can still enjoy in adult fashion. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and red pepper.
- Saute until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, chili powder,cumin, black pepper, cinnamon, and salt.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 12 minutes.
- Spoon onto the buns, sprinkle with the Cheddar, and top each sandwich with a dollop of the sour cream.
- TIP: If you have any left-over filling, use it for tacos the next day. Scoop the meat into a shell and add salsa.
excellent flavor. The only thing I added was about 1/2 cup water to thin out to preference. Looked for this recipe as I saw it in Real Simple magazine awhile ago. A keeper!