Recipe by Shawn C
While wanting a catfish just like the grilled blackened/cajun catfish from Cracker Barrell I came up with this dish.
Directions See How It's Made
- heavily season both sides of catfish with seasoning, I use paul prudome's blackened redfish magic.
- heat a heavy castiron skillet on a medium heat and add butter.
- once butter is melted and bubbly add 2 fillets at a time and cook 2-3 minutes per side just to seal and start a crust to form.
- place fillets on a foil lined cookie sheet drizzled with a smidge of olive oil to prevent bottom of fish from sticking. I lay mine "skin" side down.
- once all fillets are on the cookie sheet drizzle the now seasoned butter from the pan over the fish.
- spinkle the lemon juice all over the fish and bake in a 350 oven for 25-30 minutes checking every 10 minutes in the thickest part for doneness.
- serve immedately.