Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the No-Shop section of Real Simple Meals Made Easy.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices pita bread, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, beans, peppers, capers, lemon zest.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, salt and black pepper.
- Pour the vinegrette over the tuna mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve with bread.
While perusing the new recipes I came across this and thought it sounded like something nice and light for a hot summer night. It was delicious. Made exactly as directed and served with a spinach salad. Can't wait to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Yummy!