3 hrs 20 mins
2 hrs 40 mins
I am on a salt-free diet now and have been baking bread at home for some time. I use a Beko bread machine for kneading the dough, and oven-bake it later. I tried out several combinations. This is my favourite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place water and milk into machine's pan.
- 2Pour olive oil into pan and mix by shaking pan slightly.
- 3Mix whole-wheat flour and bread flour.
- 4Sprinkle flour mixture over the liquid in pan, taking care to cover the whole surface of the liquid layer.
- 5Put the yeast in the middle of flour.
- 6Start the dough cycle of the machine.
- 7Heat the oven to about 100 degrees Celsius and switch off.
- 8Take dough out of the pan when cycle ends and knead slightly on a on a smooth surface ( do not forget to sprinkle some flour on the surface before kneading).
- 9Shape dough into one (or two maximum) loaf and place into a silicon baking dish.
- 10Cover the dough with a slightly damp cloth and let it rest in the oven until volume is doubled.
- 11Remove from oven.
- 12Set oven to 175 degree Celsius.
- 13Remove cloth over the dough and bake in oven for about 40 minutes.
- 14Remove from oven and let cool for about 30 minutes on a rack before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Salt Whole-Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 8.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.5 g