Recipe by JennyMidget
Very simple white bread recipe for breadmaker (if you're clever you can adapt for oven!) Whole wheat flour could be substituted. This is originally a medieval Tuscan recipe, created by peasants who couldn't afford the high taxes on salt. Perfect for those of us on low-sodium diets!
Top Review by sophia.rogers20
This was a very good and easy recipe!! Following the instructions was easy too. While the machine is mixing all the ingredients together, I do use a spatula to scrape around the sides so that it adds to the mixture. My husband must adhere to to a very low restricted sodium diet for health reasons, so I was very happy that he really likes this bread and that it was easy to make.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and sugar, dissolve sugar.
- Add yeast to sugar water.
- Put flour, yeast mixture and olive oil into breadmaker.
- Start the breadmaker, with a plain or French loaf setting on your machine.
- When ingredients are almost completely combined (about 5 minutes in), add egg white.
- Allow breadmaker to complete baking.