Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is what I use for my no salt cooking. It is just a basic taco mix for 1lb ground beef. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin (I prefer more ...)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients except the salt substitute.
- After you cook your ground beef add maybe a 1/4 cup of water and add mix.
- Right before you serve sprinkle salt substitute on beef.
- Tip: if you prefer to use salt in your cooking add it at the table. You taste it more and end up using less salt. Your heart will thank you.
This is a great no salt taco seasoning. I used ground beef and it was perfect. Thanks Quickdrawmatty :) Made for Cookbook tag game
Not a bad taco seasoning by any means...I went with the extra cumin ( I love the stuff!), but cut back very slightly on the chilli powder and cayenne, as my current batches are VERY hot.
I used chicken mince, rather than beef, and the result was nicely flavoured.
Made for my SPRING 2011 PAC baby.