Recipe by evelyn/athens
I love to bake, but I'm terrible at rolling out pastry. The Pie Crust Dough was my salvation! There's a total of 45 minutes resting time for the dough before baking.
Top Review by Hey Jude
I've never done a pie crust like this and I was very pleased with the results. I made an apple pie today, the crust was SO easy and the pie turned out great. After mixing the dough and pressing it into the pie plate, I baked it for about 15 minutes at 300° before loading it with the rest of my pie ingredients. We like a streusel topping on our pie so this dough was perfect for my purpose. Thanks Evelyn, I'll be using this recipe for all my future fruit pies!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (aka powdered or confectioner's sugar)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Add both sugars and stir to combine.
- Stir in flour.
- Cool 15 minutes (dough will be warm from the melted butter).
- Use immediately by pressing into 10 inch pie plate and fluting edges.
- Refrigerate atleast 30 minutes!
- This can be blind-baked at 300F for 40 minutes.