Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love to bake, but I'm terrible at rolling out pastry. The Pie Crust Dough was my salvation! There's a total of 45 minutes resting time for the dough before baking.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (aka powdered or confectioner's sugar)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melt butter.
- Add both sugars and stir to combine.
- Stir in flour.
- Cool 15 minutes (dough will be warm from the melted butter).
- Use immediately by pressing into 10 inch pie plate and fluting edges.
- Refrigerate atleast 30 minutes!
- This can be blind-baked at 300F for 40 minutes.
I've never done a pie crust like this and I was very pleased with the results. I made an apple pie today, the crust was SO easy and the pie turned out great. After mixing the dough and pressing it into the pie plate, I baked it for about 15 minutes at 300° before loading it with the rest of my pie ingredients. We like a streusel topping on our pie so this dough was perfect for my purpose. Thanks Evelyn, I'll be using this recipe for all my future fruit pies!
Came out perfect! Loved it...
Wow! So perfect! I love this recipe. You cannot fail when making this crust. It is a bit like a shortbread cookie but so delicious. I did not bake it as instructed but filled it with pumpkin pie filling and baked the pie according to that recipe. I covered the edges with foil the entire time and it came out beautifully! Thank you thank you thank you!