Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and tasy pie crust from the Penzey spice catalog.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Put all ingredients into a 9 inch pie pan.
- mix with fork until well blended and pat into the pan.
- Push the pastry up the sides and form a nice edge with your thumb and finger.
- Generously prick the crust with a fork to prevent bubbling during baking.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes at 375, until nicely browned.
This crust was so easy to make and took no time along with no mess. My hubby said it was very good and flaky. Will be making this one from now on. Thanks for sharing! Kep
Very easy to work with,the crust is great
No-roll pie crust seemed to good to be true! I am used to making my own crust, but that does not mean that it is always worry-free! This was so easy to stir together that it makes it fun to make. I didn't have vanilla sugar so I added some drops of vanilla to sugar and stirred up. I used this for a strawberry pie, so the flavors overshadowed the vanilla (but probably why my son was going nuts over the crust!).I was shocked how flaky this crust was. I was expecting a thinner/brittle one, but that wasn't this crust. I shudder to think how many pies we'll be eating with this E-Z crust. Thanks for posting Kanzeda! Roxygirl