Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple one crust pie shell, perfect for sweet baked pies like apple, pumpkin and blueberry.
- Soften cream cheese and butter and mix together.
- Mix together flour, sugar, and salt and incorporate a little at a time into the butter/cream cheese mixture.
- Press into a 9-inch pie plate and prick with fork.
- Bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees (this will partially bake the crust and it will completely bake with the filling).
- Add pie filling of choice and bake as directed.
This is a delicious crust. It is not as flaky as most crusts, but the flavor makes up for that. I am almost wondering if this should make two crusts because it seemed pretty thick. I did bake mine for the 10 minutes before adding the feeling and the butter really started to melt. I think I might try getting two crusts out of this next time. I filled this crust with "Recipe#182080".
This crust was delicious. I made a pumpkin pie. It was so good. This crust gave the pumpkin pie mixture a whole new taste. I will be making this crust again.