Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is realy easy to make up and use for mini personal pizzas. This is a "kid favorite" so every kid has their own toppings.
- 2 cups flour (app)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fast rising yeast (one pkg.)
- 1 cup warm water (125-130 F)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sprinkle the yeast over 1/4 cup of water and stir in 1 tbl of the flour. Once it is puffy, stir into the rest of the water and add the olive oil.
- Add 1 1/2 Cup flour, mix well.
- Knead on flour covered board 4-6 minutes, adding more flour if necessary.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half to make two 12 inch rounds or use all of it for one deep dish (9x13).
- Top and bake as recommended for your favorite recipe.
Well... Let's start. The instructions make NO sense. How much flour am I to use? I don't know. How do I start step 1? Do I follow the ingredient list in order? Do I have to add an additional 1 1/2 cups flour to the initial 2 cups? When the heck does the olive oil come in? Do I add it to the dough or do I coat the dough before it sits to rise? Well.. I just used the oil to coat a pan. With two cups of flour and one cup of water it makes doughy paste that resembles pizza crust. So as far as making a product that visually resembles the anticipated end result, this recipe is okay. Also to note, the end result is pizza crust.