- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 whole jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry and cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 12 -15 basil leaves, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and melt the butter. Place four slices of bread in the skillet and divide the mozzarella, roasted red peppers and Parmigiano-Reggiano between each of them. Top each with the second slice of bread and cook for another minute or until the bottom sliced is golden brown.
- Carefully flip the panini and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the other side is golden brown.
- To serve, remove the panini from the heat and cut each of them into quarters. Garnish with chopped basil.