Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe from Rachel Ray's contest "hey ,can you cook?" From contestant Pete Bakel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 whole jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry and cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 12 -15 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and melt the butter. Place four slices of bread in the skillet and divide the mozzarella, roasted red peppers and Parmigiano-Reggiano between each of them. Top each with the second slice of bread and cook for another minute or until the bottom sliced is golden brown.
- Carefully flip the panini and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the other side is golden brown.
- To serve, remove the panini from the heat and cut each of them into quarters. Garnish with chopped basil.
So quick and yet so good! Though I used basil spice instead (didn't have the fresh herbs), we still enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing. Made for TOTM's Feb Tag Red.
MMMMMMM this is so good. An easy and yummy lunch. I used red peppers that I roasted myself.
Pete Bekel can cook! Simple and delicious lunch perfect for anyone who loves red peppers. Thank you for the recipe debee.