Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Low calory, high fiber beef stew, for those who want to minimize carbs.
- 1 lb stew beef chunk
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 (15 1/2 lb) can great northern beans
- 1⁄2 lb raw mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- Braise beef until almost tender. Add liquid from beans together with the boullion cube celery and carrot. Simmer until tender.
- Put in green beans and simmer for three minutes, add northern beans and mushrooms. Cook two more minutes, and serve.