Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is a good dish for company, for everyday, for potlucks--very easy to do.
Top Review by skmaner
I followed this recipe to the letter!! After 2 hours and NO PEEKING it was runny and the rice was still raw. My family enjoyed the flavor but not the consistancy! I had to put it in a pan on the stove and finished cooking it.
- 1 cup rice (raw)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 fryer (cut up)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice, milk, kitchen bouquet and soups in a 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Stir well.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top and press down into soup mixture.
- Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 300°F oven for 2 hours (DON'T PEEK).