Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This easy,yummy dish is well loved by my family. I love the ease and the terrific aroma that rolls out of the kitchen as the afternoon passes and dinner gets closer. I've had this recipe so long I can't remember where it came from. I usually double or triple it for leftover meal later in week.
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms (plain,white button type are fine)
- 1⁄2 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- hot cooked noodles
- Combine all but noodles in a small covered casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours.
- DO NOT PEEK!
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.
Really enjoyed this. I ended up doing it in the crock pot as its summer and also we were going to be out all day. The meat was tender and the gravy was wonderful over the egg noodles.
So Good and So Easy. The kitchen always smells so yummy while this is cooking. The only change I would make is increase the amounts (there were no leftovers!)
Hey Mickie, This is a great dish. I, too, have been making it for quite some time and I have to agree it smells terrific and can't get any easier. I'm so glad to be able to give you a *5* star review.