Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another low fat meal that is only 4 points without rice.
Make and share this No-Peek Oriental Foil-Wrapped Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen baby carrots
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut in bite-size strips
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Run carrots under cold water to thaw.
- Drain well.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Place one chicken breast half in the center of an 18x12 piece of heavy foil.
- Repeat with remaining chicken and three additional foil pieces.
- Divide carrots, mushrooms, and sweet pepper strips evenly among foil pieces.
- Stir together hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, and ground red pepper.
- Drizzle over chicken and vegetables.
- Bring up two opposite sides of foil and seal with a double fold.
- Fold remaining ends to completely enclose the chicken and vegetables, leaving space for steam to build.
- Repeat with each foil packet.
- Place on a 15x10x1 baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- To serve, carefully open foil packets.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
- If desired,serve over rice.
- Spoon some of the cooking juices over all.
- This recipe can also be placed on your grill.
- Cook for 20- 30 minutes depending on how hot your grill is.
This is a hidden treasure on 'Zaar! Hidden in foil with a yummy sauce and colorful veggies! I made two small changes--I used fresh carrots and pre-cooked them to avoid the crunch--I also doubled the garlic just because I could. This was excellent baked in my oven and I'm looking forward to grilling it outside in warmer weather. I served brown rice and peas for a very pretty and healthy plate of food. Thanks Audrey M! *Reviewed for 2008 All New Recipezaar Cooking Game.
Wonderful, easy dish. I actually made the sauce for each breasts because we love sauces. I think next time I will add water chesnuts & some broccoli for even more flavor & texture. A real keeper!