Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An easy, flavorful recipe. It calls for one whole cut-up chicken, but I use chicken breasts. Very good & gooey.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagelipton dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- Mix soups, water, and rice; set aside.
- Grease casserole and layer chicken on the bottom.
- Pour soup & rice mixture over chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in 350°F for 2 hours.
- Most important: Don't peek!
This is a great recipe as is. I first saw it from a cookbook from a church my mom had. One of the reviewers was correct. The onion soup mix should be sprinkled over the entire chicken and soup before foil. Enjoy.
Don't know if my rating really counts since I made so many changes, but for sure, it was easy and the recipe works. My changes: Used canned chicken, cream of chicken with herbs instead of celery, added onions, celery, pimentos and few fried onions and skipped the dry onion soup mix for fear it would be too salty. THEN, once cooked topped it with cheese. We liked it.
I used the original recipe above, but for me, just rice and chicken didn't feel like a complete meal to me. So, I added baby carrots, potatoes, onions and celery chunks. A little salt & pepper to taste. Towards the end topped it with fresh parsley and parmesan. Guess what? It turned out absolutely phenomenal!! My family loved it! So easy to make!