Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
My granny used to make this for me when I was a little girl. Now I make it for my family. Wonderful comfort food.
- 1 box uncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cold water
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 dash curry powder
- 6 -8 chicken pieces
- 1 package onion soup mix
- Lightly grease oblong casserole dish.
- Mix first 6 ingredients and spread evenly into casserole dish.
- Place chicken pieces on top.
- Sprinkle chicken with onion soup mix; seal with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.
- Don't peek.
I just made this for dinner... it is SO good, my daughter who does not like chicken tried it and actually ate a leg! this reminds me of something my Mom used to make, the curry powder is what makes the sauce so good! and the chicken is so tender... thank you for the recipe:)
Great recipe - very quick to put together. One important note -- make sure you use the Original Uncle Ben's rice (as opposed to the Quick Cook kind). It's a 6 oz. box. Also, I've made this for years and have used other 'cream of...' soups too - our favorite is one can of cream of chicken soup and once can cream of celery soup!
Need help. The flavor was good but the bottom was hard crunchy. I mean very hard. I did spray the bottom of dish first and followed instructions but it hurt your teeth if you happened to get those pieces in your mouth.