Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Easy and tastes great! No better combination!
Make and share this No-Peek Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 box uncle ben's wild rice (with herbs)
- 6 pieces skinless chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- Sprinkle rice in bottom of greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Place chicken over rice.
- Pour celery soup, water, mushroom soup and dried onion soup over chicken.
- Cover securely with aluminum foil and bake at 350° on top rack of oven for 2 - 2 1/2 hours and don't peek!
This recipe is very good! The only change I made was adding half a bag of frozen broccoli. I only deducted a star because it is quite salty. This, however, is probably why both my husband and my picky 1-year-old ate it up, broccoli, chicken, and all! I guess eating salty veggies and chicken is better than not eating them at all! I will definitely make this again, but will look for low sodium soups and maybe half the spice packet from the rice.
Really tasty. I think I used the wrong rice, because it came out more like rice soup (with chicken pieces on top) - we don't have a huge uncle ben's selection here. It was really yum though. I might try chicken thighs next time, because DH doesn't like bones.
We thought this was good. I made this as directed. It did seem to be a little dry. That could be because I only used 3 chicken breasts. This was very easy so I will keep it in our rotation! Thanks!