Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
my mom gave me this when we hunted. it's the best winter comfort food! and it's soooo easy.
- 2 lbs cubed venison (or substitute beef)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- combine all ingredients well in 2 qt.
- casserole (or crock-pot).
- cover& bake@ 300 for 3 hours.
- DO NOT PEEK until done.
- serve over rice or noodles.
Good way to use meat you don't really want. Tastes excellent with beef.