Recipe by ShanH
This has been my mothers beef stew recipe for my whole life. I'm not sure where she got the recipe, but it's been passed around and around. It is very rich and super delicious!
Top Review by Shari Taylor
Very good beef stew. I altered it slightly, to make it in the crockpot. I used only 1 cup of red wine, and 1 cup of beef broth. Cooked on low for 10 hrs (could have done it in less). Hubby even liked it a lot!
- 2 lbs extra lean stewing beef
- 12 small red potatoes, halved
- 5 carrots, cut in chunks
- 1 large onion, cut in pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved if large
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soups, wine, water, parsley, salt and pepper in an oven proof covered dutch oven.
- Add raw stew beef and vegetables.
- Toss to cover.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 5 hours. DO NOT STIR.
- You can use less wine and more water as long as there is 3 cups of liquid used.