Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from an acquaintance during a woman's outdoor weekend. It is different from the other no peek stews in that it uses ginger ale for the liquid. Great served over egg noodles.
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces ginger ale (use soup can)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Put all ingredients together in an oven safe covered casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 4 hours. DO NOT PEEK.
- Serve over egg noodles.
I made this stew yesterday and it was smelling so good even after the first hour. Instead of using an evelop of onion soup mix, I made it myself with this recipe : Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix. And I used a package (8 ounces) of fresh mushrooms, sliced. It's yummy. Thanks KelBel. Made for KelBel's Cookathon.
Made for KelBel's cookathon: KelBel - this is an awesome, tasty, no-fuss meal!! My family loved it!
Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe Kelbel. It was quick and very easy to make. Throw it together and wait... I didn't peek. The smell while cooking was very enticing. The beef was tender and juicy. The sauce was very tasty, rich and creamy. The combination of ingredients work well together complimenting one another perfectly.