Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is so easy to prepare and has a rich, satisfying taste. I have used this reecipe for years and can't remember where I got it. It might have been from an oven recipe my Mother gave me years ago and I adapted for the crocpot.
- 2 lbs stewing beef, well trimmed and cut in one-inch cubes
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole mushrooms or 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 12 hours, or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
This is a super simple recipe to prepare that's very satisfying with a deep rich robust taste, from the dry red wine no doubt. This went over exceedingly well with the whole family and I can easily imagine preparing it again on a cool crisp evening! I served it over Basmati rice but I'm sure it's just as pleasing over noodles. I thank you joan cooney for sharing such a hearty meal. I'm submitting a photo in gratitude.
Found this in my crockpot cookbook and made it today. Very good. The beef is so tender and the flavors complement each other. I served it over noodles and it made a very filling dinner.
I loved this recipe!! It was so easy to put together. I didn't have any red wine, so I used a half cup of beef broth instead. I cooked it on the low setting of my crockpot for 8 1/2 hours, and the meat turned out so tender. I think I'll double the recipe the next time because it only makes about 4 servings. Thanks for sharing this one, Joan!