Recipe by ewells
Found this recipe in the small cookbook that came with the Crock Pot I purchased 10 or so years ago. Not sure why it's called a "casserole"--it's more like a stew, but oh, so so good! I didn't use the tapioca though. I waited until about 30 minutes before it was done, and I mixed 1 tablespoon corn starch with 1/4 cup water and added to the Crock Pot. It's fabulous!
Top Review by bmcnichol
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was easy to put together before going out the door in the morning and is made with ingredients I normally have on hand. I followed the recipe as written other then I used 8 ounces of mushrooms as my family loves mushrooms and I didn't add the optional tapioca. I served this over noodles and everyone enjoyed it. I also only cooked mine for seven hours.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca (optional)