Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Found this recipe in the small cookbook that came with the Crock Pot I purchased 10 or so years ago. Not sure why it's called a "casserole"--it's more like a stew, but oh, so so good! I didn't use the tapioca though. I waited until about 30 minutes before it was done, and I mixed 1 tablespoon corn starch with 1/4 cup water and added to the Crock Pot. It's fabulous!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca (optional)
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and place in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 10 hours.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was easy to put together before going out the door in the morning and is made with ingredients I normally have on hand. I followed the recipe as written other then I used 8 ounces of mushrooms as my family loves mushrooms and I didn't add the optional tapioca. I served this over noodles and everyone enjoyed it. I also only cooked mine for seven hours.