Recipe by Marlene.
I got this recipe from a family friend and have finally made it. It was very good, but I DID do a couple of different things! *** (see cooking instructions)
Top Review by Miss Annie
This is one of my favorite stews to make. No fuss, no bother, and bammmmm....a wonderful meal. The only thing I did differently was to add 1 cup burgundy wine and sometimes add a drained can of green peas. Serve with garlic bread or cornbread. We love this recipe. Thanks for sharing it.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 5 potatoes, quartered,or smaller
- 8 carrots, cut into big pieces
- 1⁄2 stalk celery
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 3 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (2 lb) can tomatoes
- 1 piece white bread, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well.
- Place in covered baking dish.
- Bake at 250* for 5 hours.
- DO NOT PEEK.
- **thatis NOT a typo- two hundred fifty degrees**.
- *** After making this recipe, I need to update what I did. I used about 6 carrots, instead of 8 , I used 4 stalks of celery instead of 1/2 ! And I just could NOT leave out stew seasoning, so I added a packet of that as well.