Recipe by Sazza
This quiche recipe was given to me by one of the ladies I work with. It has no pastry and is almost like a cake. It's very tasty and pretty quick and easy to make. It's fairly versatile and I sometimes add a few extra vegetables such as beans, peas or broccoli. Hope you like it!
Top Review by Annacia
This came out very well indeed. I cooked the (turkey) bacon before adding and swapped chopped broccoli for the zucchini. I had a great breakfast and I'm ready to take on the day. Made for Pick A Chef, Spring 2013
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (or own preference)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 20cm cake tin.
- Dice onion and bacon.
- Grate carrots and zucchini and give them a bit of a squeeze to get rid of any excess liquid.
- Break eggs into a large bowl together with oil, cheese and flour and mix.
- Add carrot zucchini and onion and mix.
- Add bacon and stir thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Garnish if you like with extra cheese and some mixed herbs.
- Bake in 180°C oven for 45 minutes or until golden and skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and serve with a salad.