In '1,000 Lowfat Recipes' by Terry Blonder Golson; 144 calories, 4g fat
Make and share this No Pasta Vegetable Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggplants
- 4.92 ml kosher salt, divided
- 2.46 ml freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 453.59 g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white
- 14.79 ml minced fresh chives (or scallions)
- 591.47 ml pasta sauce (store-bought jarred or homemade)
- 236.59 ml shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise into long, 1/4-inch strips.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to season both sides.
- Place the strips on a nonstick or greased baking sheet; bake for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- You may also grill the vegetable strips.
- Decrease oven temperature to 350°.
- With a fork, mix together the ricotta, egg white, chives, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the pasta sauce on the bottom of an oblong dish, about 13 x 9 inches.
- Then place a single layer of vegetables on top.
- Evenly spread half the ricotta mixture on top of the vegetables.
- Place another layer of vegetables on that, and the remaining ricotta, and top with the remaining vegetables.
- Cover with the remaining sauce, then evenly distribute the mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil for the last 5-10 minutes.
I had a very large eggplant so it was perfect with this recipe. I omitted the salt and pepper. I used 400 g of ricotta. I used green onion instead of chives. I used homemade spaghetti sauce. It's even better than a lasagna with pasta. Thanks ratherbeswimmin :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game