1 hr 15 mins
A south beach version of Lasagna.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 lbs Italian sausage
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups sugar-free spaghetti sauce
- 3 lbs zucchini or 3 lbs peeled eggplants, sliced thin lengthwise
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 4 cups low fat mozzarella, shreds
- 1 cup low-fat parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- dry oregano
- 1Use the dry herbs (to taste) to season the sauce.
- 2Saute the onions until golden. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes on medium heat.Add to sauce.
- 3Use same saute pan to brown the meats, and drain well.
- 4Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan. Arrange a layer of eggplant or zucchini in the bottom of the pan, laying the pieces side by side closely, as though they were lasagna noodles.
- 5Next, add a layer of the ricotta, and sprinkle on basil.
- 6Next, add a layer of the cooked meats, mushrooms, a layer of sauce, a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- 7Repeat until everything is gone. Make the top layer cheese. Cover with foil.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, uncover and bake until brown, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Pasta Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.3
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.2 mg
- Sodium 1121.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 41.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free spaghetti sauce
low fat mozzarella
low-fat parmesan cheese