1/1 Photo of No-Pain Lo Mein (Rachael Ray)
This recipe is a "30 Minute Meals" from Rachael Ray of Food TV.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons wok oil
- 1 cup snow peas, halved on a diagonal
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into match stick size pieces
- 1/2 lb assorted mushroom, coarsely chopped, if necessary (shiitake, straw, enoki, or oyster)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot (minced or grated with hand grater)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb lo mein noodles or 1 lb thin spaghetti, cooked to al dente and drained well
- 1/2 cup aged tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, several drops
- 1Heat a wok-shaped skillet or large non-stick skillet over high heat.
- 2When pan is very hot, add oil, (it will smoke a bit) then, immediately add the snow peas, pepper, mushrooms, scallions, and bean sprouts.
- 3Stir fry for 1 minute to flavor the oil, then add the ginger and garlic, and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 4Add the cooked noodles and toss with to combine.
- 5Add the soy sauce and toss the ingredients to coat noodles evenly with sauce.
- 6Transfer the lo mein to a serving platter and garnish with a drizzle of toasted sesame oil.
- 7Cook's Notes: Wok oil is infused with ginger and garlic and is widely available on the International Foods aisle of the market.
- 8Cooked shredded pork, chicken, or small de-veined shrimp may be added to this dish in any combination.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Pain Lo Mein (Rachael Ray)
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.9
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2565.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: