Recipe by Chefcrystal
I never liked hash brown casserole until I tried this recipe at my neighbors house. This comes out great every time and I can eat on it for a week by itself! I'm sure you could add in things like bacon, sausage, etc as well, but I never have. This makes a large casserole. I hope you enjoy this as much as I if you try it!
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen cubed hash brown potatoes (reg size, not sure of oz)
- 1 cup butter, melted (divided)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 cups corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a large casserole dish (I usually just spray with Pam).
- Combine hash browns, 1/2 of the butter, soup, sour cream, and cheese. (I usually do this right in the cassarole dish). Note: I only use 1/2 the amount of butter the recipe calls for & use margarine with no ill effects.
- In a separate bowl combine Corn Flakes and remaining 1/2 of butter.
- Spread on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350°F covered for 45 minutes and then uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes after removing from oven.
- Note 2: I usually use reduced fat sour cream and soup in this with no ill effects. (Just to make it a little more "hip" friendly" -- lol).
- Note 3: When reheating doing so in the oven maintains the crisp topping & makes it taste almost-freshly made :).