Recipe by Trixyinaz
With a child allergic to tree nuts and the schools not allowing you to bring in peanuts, I had to create my own trail mix. I love all the seeds, but more importantly, my daughter likes it too! The variations are countless, so use this as a base, or as-is!
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds, raw
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds, roasted and salted
- 1 cup sesame sticks, salted
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried banana
- 3 ounces raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Makes ~ 1 pound of trail mix.
- Serving size: 1 ounce.
- Add other dried fruit like pineapple, cherries, cranberries, apples.
- Add low-fat granola, rice chex or cheerios.
- Add yogurt covered pretzels or chocolate covered rasins.