Recipe by KOSHER KOOK
An easy version of lasagna that is low in carbs and high in flavor. I had all the ingredients for lasagna but no noodles so I thought I would use the zucchini as "noodles".
- 3 zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 ounces mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into thin strips, salt and let stand 1 hour.
- In the meantime, cook onion and garlic until transparent, add mushrooms and cook about 7 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and spices, simmer for 25 minutes.
- Spray a 9x13 pan well. Put a layer of zucchini 1/3 of the sauce and 1/3 of the cheese. Alternate layers until you have used all the sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.